Every Tuesday BROOK AND THE BOOKISH does a top-10 list. I try to participate on occasion. The question posed this week is Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List. But I'm going to go totally off topic and take this Tuesday to post my favorite post of the year!!!
Every year annually I like to post my top ten literary crushes aka book boyfriends!!! The crushes don't have to come from books I read that year alone...no, they're a mixture of my all-time-favorites!! The ultimate list. (This is a YA, NA, and Romance mix.)
Here are my top literary crushes for 2014 (in backwards order)...
10. Asher Mayson from UNTIL NOVEMBER. -So insta-love, so caveman, so perfect.
9. Christian Grey from 50 Shades. I'm such a sucker for Christian just like so many others.
8. Eric Northman from the SOOKIE STACKHOUSE books. This Vikings hotty will forever be one of my favorite book boyfriends! 'Swoon!'
7. Peeta from HUNGER GAMES. Loyal, sweetheart, and even if I wasn't crazy about the way MOCKINGJAY ended I will still always love Peeta. Undeniable.
6. Varen Nethers from NEVERMORE...this goth guy? Yes! He's mysterious, a loner, into poetry, and I fell hard for the building romance in this novel. (YA people!) If you like YA, check this one out. :) It's very different. A dark romance.
5. Rule from RULE Loved Rule and Shay in Jay Crownover's debut novel. He's a misunderstood, bad boy. And she is the classic 'good girl.' They make such a sweet, perfect couple.
4. Will from the INFERNAL DEVICES series. Cassandra Clare. My fav. She sure can write the bad boys! Stubborn, aggressive, outspoking. Love...loved Will. Loved Jace from her other series as well.
3. Adrian from the BLOODLINES series. Move over Dimitri, I have a new Vampire book boyfriend from Richelle Mead. If you're into YA and haven't read the Vampire Academy series you are far behind, my friend. Start there.
2. Logan from TALL TATTED AND TEMPTING. Logan. Logan. Logan. Blond, tatted, and certainly temping. This man is deaf and what original intrigued me to read this novel. Check out all of Tammy Falkner's Reed Brother novels...they're amazin!
1. Rush from FALLEN TOO FAR Series. Wow. I still have a 'Rush Crush'. Rush Finley is the badass son of rocker. He's protective and full of angst. Gotta love Rush.
And a few that just almost made my list:
Edward from TWILIGHT
Archer from ARCHER'S VOICE
Who is your current book boyfriend? I need to find my next. Pronto.